These Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders are a simple and delicious way to step up your chicken game! All you really need is bacon and chicken, ( though I added seasoning in this recipe because I love spices), and you have flavorful, juicy, bacon covered, chicken tenders. They are perfect for dinner, or you can cut them up and bring them as appetizers to a holiday party!
Can I just say that bacon wrapped anything is delicious!?
Bacon wrapped dates and bacon wrapped asparagus have always been my favorite, but I had never tried bacon wrapped chicken before now.
I actually had nothing in the fridge the other night… besides chicken and bacon, and that is when I decided to try to make bacon wrapped chicken. 🙂
I was beyond surprised at how tasty it was! Why had I never made this before?!
Seriously, all you need to do is cut up your chicken into tender sized pieces, and then season it to your liking.
I seasoned mine with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, and chili flakes.
Then, you need to cut strips of bacon in half, long ways.
I found that it was easier to wrap the bacon around the chicken when it was cut up into thinner strips.
I probably wrapped about 1.5 pieces of bacon around each chicken tender.
Once the bacon is wrapped around the chicken tenders, bake them for about 35 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy.
This required an extra few minutes of broiling for me to get the desired crispiness that I wanted.
That’s it! Easy enough! I even think it would taste great to add maple syrup or honey on top.
I imagine cutting them into bite sized pieces, or even cutting the raw chicken into bite sized pieces and then wrapping them in bacon would make a wonderful party appetizer!
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast, cut into tenders
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- a pinch of chili flakes
- 7-8 strips of bacon, sliced in half longways
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the seasoning/spices. Season the chicken with the seasoning mixture.
- Wrap each chicken tender with the strips of bacon (that have been sliced in half longways). I ended up using 1.5 pieces of bacon per chicken tender. Try to tuck the ends of the bacon under each chicken tender.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until bacon is crispy. I baked mine for 35 minutes and then broiled them for 2 minutes.
- Note: At the 20 minute mark, use a paper towel to absorb some of the bacon fat and throw it away.