After making Paleo Cinnamon Raisin Bread, I knew that I wanted to try making a savory bread. Since garlic and bread are perfect together, I decided that I needed to make one with roasted garlic in it.
Roasted garlic is one of my favorite things. I absolutely love when garlic cloves are so perfectly roasted that you can spread them like butter onto a slice of bread. And having them inside of bread was fantastic idea. Yummm!
To make this Rosemary Garlic Loaf, I made a few adjustments to the bread recipe that I used before.
Adjustments meaning… that I used golden ground flax instead of the darker one that I had used before, I added dried rosemary, and I added a lot of roasted garlic. What a difference a few ingredients can make!
The aroma of this bread was fantastic… rosemary just filled the air!
We all know how I feel about garlic and bread together.
But rosemary and bread are wonderful together too. And so is Rosemary and garlic. The mixture of rosemary, garlic, and bread is just bound to be good.
Even though I know that I can eat Paleo bread, I still get surprised that I can eat it. I feel like I’m “cheating” but the great part about this bread is that you aren’t cheating. Not at all.
I enjoyed a few slices of this Rosemary Garlic Loaf alone and then again with some egg salad on top. Not “cheating” on Paleo can be delicious!
- ¾ of a full bulb of garlic (I separated all the cloves and removed the skin from each)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of ground flax seeds ( golden flax seeds)
- 3 Tbs water
- ¾ cup of almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp and ¼ tsp dried rosemary separated
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum paper. Make a circular shape, almost like a nest out of the aluminum paper, rolling the corners up (check out the photos above)
- In a small bowl, put the naked cloves of garlic inside and cover them with 1 tbs of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Place them in the aluminum foil nest and let them cook for 15 minutes. Once they are cooked, remove from the oven and set them aside.
- Leave the oven at 400 degrees for the bread.
- While the garlic is cooking, cover a loaf tin in wax paper. My loaf tin was 9.25X 5.25 X 2.75.
- In bowl #1, whisk the eggs and the water together and set aside.
- In bowl #2, mix the ground flax seeds, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, 2 tsp of dried rosemary and salt together with a fork.
- Pour bowl #2 into bowl #1 and mix it together with a whisk until well combined.
- Fold in the roasted garlic with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and pat the top with a rubber spatula to even it out throughout the pan.
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp of dried rosemary on the top of the bread.
- Cook for 25 minutes. Remove from the pan by lifting the wax paper and then remove the wax paper before letting the bread cool on a drying rack.