I have a permanent lemon wedge on my cutting board and have been putting lemons in my water and in my food non-stop! During this lemon binge, I figured why not make a healthy lemonade? And this deliciously refreshing Healthy Green Lemonade was the perfect fix!Kale, cucumber, lemon, and apples come together to make a wonderfully refreshing, vitamin full and hydrating juice. Made out of fruit and vegetable juices only, I can not think of a better lemonade option than this one! Especially on a hot day.
This juice is great because you can alter the sweetness or tartness of it by adding or subtracting apples or lemons.
Now that the summer heat has begun, why don’t you try this Healthy Green Lemonade? I was inspired by a recipe in the book, The Juiceman’s Power of Juicing where he makes lemonade out of apples and lemons.
Here, I added kale and cucumber and it’s delicious. Plus, you’ll get lots of vitamin C and antioxidants in a delicious green glass of ice-cold juice.
This recipe was shared on the AIP Roundtable.
- 1 bunch of Kale
- 2 apples (if you want it to be sweeter make it 3)
- 1 english cucumber
- 1 lemon (if you want it less lemony- make it ½)
- Wash and dry all of the vegetables.
- Cut the apples and cucumber into slices that fit into the juicer.
- Remove some or most of the lemon peel (I like to leave a lot of it on for flavor).
- Juice the fruits and vegetables in a juicer. Mix the liquid with a spoon before serving.