Sometimes keeping it simple really is better. This seems to be the case with slow cooker recipes… in particular pulled pork or pulled chicken. I’ve tried more elaborate recipes and it just doesn’t work.
Which is the secret for how this Tomato Maple Pork is so delicious! It is simple and the end result is pulled pork that is tender, juicy, sweet, and a bit spicy. Tomatoes, maple syrup, a sprinkle of apricots and some freeze dried pineapple were the perfect mix. Oh and it would not be complete without “The Salt Lick Original Dry Rub”.. that stuff is just the best!
I tried this recipe on a whim, putting what I had left in the house into my Crockpot slow cooker and not expecting anything from it. I was going out of town for the weekend and wanted to make a versatile meat dish so that my boyfriend would have something good to eat while I was gone. Well lucky for him, the resulting flavor was sooo good! I kept thinking about how good it was for days. Which only meant one thing— it needed to be posted here.
What I loved about this Simply Delicious Tomato Maple Pulled Pork is that it tastes good with just about anything. Eggs, vegetables… or alone. Normally, I would consider making a sauce to add to pulled pork, but this didn’t need any! It had a BBQ- like flavor all on its own. I’m kind of obsessed with this recipe and will definitely be making it again soon.
- Coat the pork tenderloin in the 1 tbs of dry rub and place at the bottom of the slow cooker. (I like the Crockpot brand)
- Put ½ cup of strained tomato and ½ cup of maple syrup on top of the pork.
- Move the pork around to make sure the tomato and maple syrup are mixed around in the slow cooker.
- Top with the dried pineapple and the diced apricots.
- Cook on high heat for 5 hours. If possible flip the pork after 2.5 hours.
- Shred with two forks and put some of the sauce into the pulled pork. Enjoy