Sometimes it can be hard to eat healthy on the weekends– especially when you are being social. It’s even harder when friends and family are visiting or when you go out of town. You have a great time, but your body doesn’t end up feeling so great. Well, I had one of those weekends… and my body was feeling it. So I did what I normally do in these situations… I made a big juice out of beets. Something about beet juice is so detoxing. It feels like the toxins and processed foods are just getting kicked out of my system and it feels awesome.
This Strawberry Beet Detox Juice is one of my favorites. The citrusy orange and grapefruit balances the earthiness of the beets, while the strawberries and carrots add the most uplifting sweetness.
Beets naturally detox the liver and are chock-full of vitamins. Which is why I drink this Strawberry Beet Detox Juice when I need a pick me up. I also drink it when I am in the mood for a delicious juice. It is refreshing and light enough to drink for that reason too.
I’ve mentioned before that I have five favorite juices that I alternate between. I started juicing after reading the book, Juiceman’s Power of Juicing and have never looked back.
I have now shared two of them: this Strawberry Beet Detox Juice and The Fennel Immune Booster, so be on the look out for my three other favorites!
* Note: I’ve been asked what type of juicer I use. I’ve actually used the same Waring Pro Juicer for years! I love it because not only is it affordable, it is more importantly easy to clean and durable, which results in juicing more often and for a longer amount of time.
This recipe was shared at the AIP roundtable.
- 1 beet
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 oranges
- 5 thin carrots or 2-3 large ones
- 8 medium-large strawberries
- Rinse all of the fruits and vegetables with water and dry them off.
- Chop the beet into pieces.
- Remove the peel from the oranges and grapefruit and slice into pieces.
- If the carrots and strawberries are too large to fit into the juicer, cut those into smaller pieces.
- Put all of the cut fruit into a juicer.
- Yields 32 ounces of juice.