These chicken fingers are awesome! Sweet, crunchy, tender, satisfying, baked AND Paleo! They were inspired by another non-paleo baked coconut chicken finger recipe that I had made in the past. Those were good; these are even better! The coconut flavor and spices work perfectly together here. These will definitely become regulars at my house…
Thus far the food that I have posted on this blog have not been consistent with the Paleo Diet, but I’ll be incorporating Paleo recipes more frequently now. My boyfriend has been having some health issues recently and a friend suggested trying the Paleo Diet because it helped her with similar health problems. I did some research and found that many people feel better and fight diseases by cutting out processed foods, which is a big part of the Paleo Diet. Sooo now I am trying to cook lots of Paleo-friendly meals for him 🙂
Another plus is that you can caramelize cauliflower at the same time that the chicken fingers cook (put cauliflower florets tossed with a little bit of olive oil on a cookie sheet). You put both cookie sheets in the oven and 30 minutes later you have a great meal ready.
I have been experimenting with making sauces to use with these chicken fingers but so far the only good one was mixing organic honey with dijon mustard. The others didn’t work out so well haha
- 1.5 pounds of chicken
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ Tbs paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 egg whisked
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet with a little olive oil. I like using a silicone basting brush to evenly brush the olive oil onto the cookie sheet.
- Whisk one egg in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond meal, shredded coconut, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Take one piece of chicken and dunk it in the egg, then dunk it in the coconut mixture and place it on the cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until it looks golden brown and crispy/dry.